Hospital mistakenly severed patient’s finger | Bangladesh | ABnews24

Tue, October 16, 2018
Hospital mistakenly severed patient’s finger
Dhaka, 24 September, Abnews: A patient, who had a blister on a finger of his left hand, lost his finger at Chandpur General Hospital as medical assistants severed it ‘mistakenly’ on Sunday.
 
The victim, Kalu Gazi, 65, a resident of Char Bakila village in sadar upazila, was suffering from acute pain in his finger as a blister developed there.
 
He went to the hospital on Sunday morning to get treatment where duty doctor Rafiqul Hasan Foysal advised medical assistants Mahbub and Polash to wash the finger and do some dressing.
 
But, the assistants cut off his finger instead mistakenly, said Dr Foysal, claiming that they have done it without his permission.
 
As the incident triggered anger among the other patients and relatives of the victim, the two medical assistants fled the hospital. - UNB
 
ABN/Adrian/Jasim/AD
  • Latest News
  • Most Viewed