Sabbir banned for six-months | Sports | ABnews24

Wed, November 14, 2018
Sabbir banned for six-months
Dhaka, 1 September, Abnews: Bangladesh Cricket Board's disciplinary committee has recommended a six-month international ban for batsman Sabbir Rahman after he allegedly abused and threatened a fan on Facebook.
 
The incident is said to have occurred during the ODI series between Bangladesh and hosts West Indies in July. 
 
Earlier, the fan at the receiving end of Sabbir's ire said, on condition of anonymity, said that it was shocking for an international player to issue a physical assault threat.
 
Earlier this year in Dehradun, he had an altercation with teammate Mehidy Hasan at the hotel room and was close to receiving another ban before ODI skipper Mashrafe Mortaza intervened to sort the issue.
 
ABN/Adrian/Jasim/AD
  • Latest News
  • Most Viewed