First hajj flight leaves for Saudi Arabia | Foreign Relations | ABnews24

Wed, September 26, 2018
First hajj flight leaves for Saudi Arabia
Dhaka, 14 July, Abnews: The first Hajj flight of this year has departed for Saudi Arabia on Saturday morning.
 
A Biman Bangladesh flight carrying 419 pilgrims left Dhaka’s Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport for King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah at 7:52am.
 
“Three dedicated flights and one scheduled flight will leave for Jeddah today,” said Shakil Meraj, a Biman official.
 
Biman Bangladesh is to take 64,967 passengers on 187 flights while Saudia will take 61,831 passengers on 188 flights.
 
However, the Ministry of Religious Affairs had earlier said that Saudia airlines had issued 46,755 tickets and Biman Bangladesh had issued over 51,000 tickets for Hajj pilgrims.
 
There will be no flights this year aside from those approved by Saudi Arabia, the Biman official said.
 
The Hajj flights will continue till August 15 while the return flights will start on August 27 and continue until September 25.
 
A total of 126,198 Bangladeshi nationals will be allowed to make the pilgrimage this year.
 
The journeys of 6,198 will be organised by the government, while those of the remaining 120,000 will be organised through private means.
 
ABN/Adrian/Jasim/AD
  • Latest News
  • Most Viewed