Dhaka, 1 Mar, Abnews: Religious Affairs Minister Principal Motiur Rahman on Thursday said the Hajj flights carrying Bangladeshi pilgrims to Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj this year will begin on July 14.
A total of 1,27,198 pilgrims - 7,198 under government management and 1,20,000 under private management - will perform Hajj from Bangladesh, said the minister while speaking at a press briefing over the Hajj management situation.
The government has taken necessary steps to ensure smooth pilgrimage process to Saudi Arabia smoothly, he added.
Besides, action will be taken against Hajj agencies if found taking money less that the government-set package, said the minister.
Motiur also said the authorities concerned have been asked to take necessary steps in maintaining Hajj flight schedule.
Earlier in the day, principal Motiur Rahman inaugurated the registration process of the Hajj pilgrims for 2018 under the government management at the Secretariat. The process will continue till 11 March.
The government has opened a hotline-09602666707-at the ministry for making any complaint regarding Hajj management and fraudulence. It will remain open for providing information about Hajj, said Motiur.
The government has approved a total of 774 Hajj agencies for sending pilgrims to Saudi Arabia this year.
The Minister also said complaint was found against 193 Hajj agencies for different irregularities. Of these, the licenses of 64 Hajj agencies were cancelled and the security money was also seized while 17 Hajj agencies were fined with suspension of license.
Meanwhile, acting religious affairs secretary Anisur Rahman said the hajj agencies will be rewarded for good performance while action will be taken against those involved in any irregularities.